[Samba] Configuring SMB print shares for "Everyone" access

Linux Boy cslinuxboy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:18:03 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

     I am having some problems with my printing via smb to a Windows shared
printer.  My problem is that we have a winnt machine that shares a printer
on our network and I am trying to configure my linux machine to print to
that printer without using any validation.  The win machine is part of our
domain and everything (including my linux  machine) is validated off of our
PDC.  Is there a way I can configure the "script.cfg" file that RedHat uses
to print via SMB?  Can I somehow use the "Everyone" group to print to the
printer?  The reason I ask is that I am helping my school setup a linux lab
that has a network printer controlled by a WinNT server.  I would like to
make it so that everyone can print without giving seperate validation.
Thanks in advance.

Mike