[Samba] Samba and Windows 2000

Arturo Alonso aalonso at frialsa.com.mx
Thu Mar 7 11:59:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

My name is Arturo, I´m the System Administrator of a network with 150 machines, with a Server Linux RedHat 7.2 Kernel 2.4.9 and client machines with Win 2000, win 95/98, XP and Windows NT Workstation.

My problem is with machines with windows 2000 , when intent to enter the machine the domain of Linux, I don´t can to make it.

Characteristics of the Domain

- Operating sytem: Linux Red Hat 7.2, Kernel 2.4.9
- Samba Server 2.2.x

  Configurations of Samba Server:

  # Global parameters
[global]
security = USER
encrypt passwords = Yes
	password server = 192.168.1.1
	username map = /etc/samba/user.map
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0
	domain admin group = root
	logon drive = H:
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 64
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	dns proxy = No
	remote announce = 192.168.1.255
	read only = No
	printing = lprng

I need your help, for resolve this issue in order to work correctly.

I hope that this information was sufficient.

Thanks and regards

Arturo Alonso Hernández
System Administrator
Frialsa Frigoríficos S.A. de C.V