[Samba] Mail Problems...

Julio Rojas jrojas at uft.edu.ve
Thu Mar 7 04:16:03 GMT 2002

Hi... After all our work trying to authenticate sendmail via Winbind, we have a weird problem right now... The user authentication, and the connection to both POP3 and SMTP is very slow, except for my own computer, that works very fast... And my computer is the only one in 1000+ clients... FYI, I use Outlook Express 6, but everyone at my office use it also... So, I don't think the problem is related to email clients... Sometimes, is so slow to download email, that Outlook (not the Express one) just give up...

Second, on /var/spool/mail all the mailboxes have different owners from the real ones... Except for a couple of accounts (mine included, but also people whose clients are very slow to download and send email) all these files have different owners from the real ones...

Have you ever seen this problems???

Thanx for your help...
Julio Rojas
Coordinador de Redes