[Samba] OT(?): Poll: how big is your environment

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Thu Mar 7 00:03:24 GMT 2002

thomas_tiedtke at de.schindler.com wrote:

>  nice idea Mathias ... Regards Thomas

> Architecture:
>         [ ]     x86
>         [X]     other (PA-RISC)
>
> Operating System:
>         [ ]     linux
>         [ ]     any BSD
>         [X]     commercial unix (HP/UX 10.20)

Now THAT was the one I was waiting for!!!

I have this task to automate the installation of printer drivers on some
20 samba servers running on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.00, each of them serves
the SAME 70 printers (sort of load balancing... only sort of...) and
anything with a reasonable amount of interaction is out of the question.
Best 'the big ones' would like was something which could run from cron,
or get rsync'ed around every night.
And while imprints *sounds* goot to me,
1. samba rpc spoolss stuff fails horribly where you have more than a
handful of printers, and
2. unicode<->ascii translation seems to be broken, the list of driver
files gets lost in the process...

you got any hints for me?

bye,
	MH