[Samba] Win2000 - Very Slow opening files from Samba Share

Brian Whitehead bwhitehd at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 6 18:18:14 GMT 2002

Take a look at your log files and see if you are getting any oplock_break
messages.   As I just explained in another message, I was having a similar
problem with a Win2K client accessing MSOffice files.  My solution was to
set the 'veto oplock files' directive in smb.conf.  This appears to only be
effecting my Win2K clients accessing my Samba 2.2.3a shares.  Setting this
option did the trick for me.

Brian W.