[Samba] Need Some Printer Info

Vinay Sequeira vsequei at mail.math.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 6 09:04:03 GMT 2002

Hi All,
I am a newbie administrator. We need to replace our old HP Laserjet 4Si
with another new HP printer. Client Machines running on windows print to
these printers via Samba 2.0.5a  which is running on Redhat.
1) How do I go about replacing these printers. Samba was setup by an earlier
Admin, and I am still in the process of learning it :-)

2) Any suggestions for some Good HP printers (below $2500) with which I
will have no trouble configuring in Samba or RedHat Linux 7.2?  We are
presently looking at HP LaserJet 4100tn, 4100tdn and 8150n.

TIA,
Vinay