[Samba] Fwd: Unable to change to the specified driver

Josh Konkol susesambaboy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 06:19:03 GMT 2002

Never got a response to this, so I will simplify the question.

Has anyone ever gotten the HP 2500c Printer Driver to auto-install using a
Samba Print Server??

Thanks

Josh

Subject: Unable to change to the specified driver
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:29:53 -0600
From: Josh Konkol <susesambaboy at yahoo.com>
To: samba at lists.samba.org

Hi all,

I'm having problems uploading printer drivers to my Samba print server.

I'm running Suse 7.0 w/Samba 2.2.2.  75% of the time there are no errors
uploading drivers using my NT box.  On the rest of them, I click on New
Driver and select Have Disk.  I browse to my driver and click OK.  It looks
like it's instaling the driver just fine, then after the progress bar gets to
100% it gives me an error saying "Unable to change to the specified driver,
original settings will be restored".

The driver I'm trying to install is an HP 2500c.

Has anyone run into this problem before??  I've searched the mail-list
archives and only found one person who had the same problem, but I didn't see
any responses.

TIA

Josh