[Samba] Samba upgrade

Pieter van Slooten linuxmaster at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 6 04:06:33 GMT 2002

I have a redhat 6.0 server that has a old version of samba running.
Now i want to upgrade to the latest version.
Can i just remove de samba directory and install the new version or is
there a certain procedure i have to follow?
The old version is installed by someone else and is probebly created from
sourcecode. The samba files are found in /usr/local/samba .
The new version is a RPM binary package wich i downloaded from a mirror.
I installed this binary RPM package on another redhat 6.0 server and the
samba files were installed in a different directory (as they should
propably). Everything works allright.
I want to install this package also on the other server but first i want to
remove the old one.

Can anyone answer my question?

Regards,

Pieter