[Samba] WinXP. Ugh.

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Wed Mar 6 01:41:13 GMT 2002

"Keith G. Murphy" wrote:

> > that friggin win2k/xp doesnt even TRY to go to wins for finding
> > anything, BUT it registers ITSELF!! as a domain master browser and
> > stuff.
> >
> If it makes you feel better, I've had the same kind of grief with Win2K
> and WinXP machines trying (or not trying?) to find a *Win2K* WINS
> server.

Nice try, thanks... didn't work, though...
but btw the win2k advanced I have in a vmware 'somewhere' does the same
bullshit as winxp, trying to talk HTTP-like gibberish on port 80 to a
strange multicast address...

Anyhow, microsoft's threat to take win2k and XP from market if they were
forced to unbundle IE and mediaplayer is not very threatening right now.

'and free us from all evil...'

AMEN

bye,
	MH