[Samba] smbpasswd deleting multiple uid field in LDAP

Jean-Rene Cormier jrclist at cipanb.ca
Tue Mar 5 11:35:08 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have set up Samba 2.2.3a on a server with LDAP support. When I do a
smbpasswd to change the password if a user had more than 1 uid entry
it'll keep one and delete the other ones. Is there something I can do to
prevent this?

And also is there a way I can keep the userPassword and the samba
passwords in sync? Can I do it with pam? Or if I use plain text password
for Samba it'll use userPassword right? But if I use plain text password
will Windows still be able to connect to a server that uses encrypted
password?

Jean-Rene Cormier

jrc at crcp.nb.ca