[Samba] ACL fully functional?

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Mon Mar 4 12:38:15 GMT 2002

Am Montag, 4. März 2002 20:47 schrieb Al Moote:
> Juergen,
>
> Thanks for the insight, although this makes me think that the libraries are
> NOT installed correctly.  Otherwise the Linux ACL libs would (as stated)
> support acl_get_perm() and I would not be getting the message.  Am I wrong?
>
> when I compiled Samba it checked whether to support acl_get_perm() ...no
> That's what originally threw me off.
>
> Also, I know that the OS supports ACL/EA because I can read/set them with
> getfacl/setfacl utils.  Samba does not let me set them with Windows 2000
> security settings.  I have tried using the NT ACL SUPPORT = YES under my
> shares too.
>
> What the hell am I doing wrong?  :)

Check config.h in the include directory for
#define HAVE_POSIX_ACL 1
and
#define HAVE_LIBACL 1

If you have this, samba has found your ACL libraries.
Set the ACLs for a file manually using setfacl and
use the smbcacls to check them:
hasch at tower:/mnt> getfacl myfile
# file: myfile
# owner: hasch
# group: users
user::rw-
user:baggins:rw-
group::r--
mask::rw-
other::r--

hasch at tower:/mnt> smbcacls //tower/daten myfile
Password:
REVISION:1
OWNER:TOWER/hasch
GROUP:TOWER/users