[Samba] smbclient works but mount doesn't

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Mar 2 07:06:06 GMT 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Bodnyk, Bruce W wrote:

> When I try to mount the directory using
>
> mount -t smbfs -o username=fciam/bbodnyk //etbodnyk/work /mnt

Does it work if you do "username=bbodnyk,workgroup=fciam" ?

> Why is smbclient working but not the mount?

Because they are different programs doing different things? :)

Lots of code is shared, but some isn't. It is possible to compare them and
copy code from smbclient to smbmount. The source files to start with are:

source/client/client.c
source/client/smbmount.c

Another reason might be if the programs are from different samba versions.

/Urban