[Samba] PATCH: Samba/Win2K renaming bug

David Mulcahy davmul at alan.eseol.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 18:18:11 GMT 2002

Hi just a quick note to help

The problem only arises in windows explorer with web enabled content.
In Windows explorer you need to enable web content in  tools -> folder
options -> General -> select enable web content in folders.
just select file (single click or just move the mouse over it to select it)
so you see a priview (not a seperate app just a small prieview in the folder
itself) and then try to rename.

That is how it happens to me with Windows media player with an mpg file

samba 2.2.3

HTH David Mulcahy