[Samba] rename user login

Scott Wevley scott.wevley at merrillcorp.com
Fri Mar 1 09:02:17 GMT 2002

I am writing a shell script that I can hand off to the help desk that will
rename login accounts and associated directories and groups but our samba
login info is stored in the smbpasswd file and I thought there would be a
utility that would allow me to do a name change similar to usermod instead
of editing the file directly.

Scott

Scott Wevley wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there a way to rename a user login with smbpasswd or any other
> utility?  A user had a name change and I could not find any command
> that would facilitate the change.

vi /etc/passwd ?

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
                 Douglas Adams