[Samba] compile problems on netbsd with samba-latest & openldap-2.0.23 resume

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Mar 1 05:59:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, jan wrote:

> dear list,
>
> don't really want to annoy you but the "only" platform on which samba &&
> openldap (2.0.19) is working seems to be debian 2.2r3 kernel 2.4.16 i686
> unkown ...
>
> Everything else (FreeBSD, NetBSD) fails.
> Is it me, openldap, samba, the used platform or what else ?

The configure tests were written on Linux systems so probably
every linux distro will work.  Check the last 100 or so lines
of config.log to locate the failure.  My guess is that
it is looking for -lresolv and fails to find it on *BSD.

I need to setup a FreeBSD box here so I can test this.

cheers, jerry