[Samba] transfer users and password form win NTto linux fileserver

Mac dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 1 01:55:05 GMT 2002

Hi there,

>From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rog=E9rio_Carlos?= <rogerioc at polmil.sp.gov.br>
>To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
>Subject: Re: [Samba] transfer users and password form win NTto linux fileserver
>Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2030 14:30:21 -0300
>
>Hi again people!!!
>About the pwdump.exe, I´ve downloaded it from Samba FTP before asking for
>help of the list, using as the instructions of the site.During the tests,
>running the command "pwdump > smbpasswd" , I received some error messages:
>
>-as the user administrador (administrator in portuguese, because our Win NT
>is in portuguese language) I receive the following message: you must be
>logged as the administrator to do this

Ah.

Known bug.

The code specifically checks for the name 'Administrator' as your
username. It doesn't cope with non-English names for Administrator.

It is (I believe) easy enough to edit the source code to use your local
spelling and then recompile it.

If you've not got a compiler for it, I suspect that someone out here in
Samba-land would probably do it for you.

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                        dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 654753 x285      Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)