[Samba] Win 2k and XP clients intermittent failure

Christopher Marino-Cebulski marinoc at marinoc.com
Sun Jun 30 02:06:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to open word documents that are on a samba share from
Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients using Office 2000. The result is
that MS Word intermittently hangs.

If I try to open the word documents that are on the samba share with a
Windows 98 SE client, everything works well.

I have tried samba 2.2.3a and 2.2.5. The result is the same.

Is this a bug in samba? Do I need to tweak some samba parameters? Do I
need to tweak the Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients?

Thanks.