[Samba] Saving word or excel files kills the application

Long, Douglas M (Douglas) duglong at lucent.com
Fri Jun 28 11:41:07 GMT 2002

I am running Samba 2.0.7 on HP-UX 11.00. In Windows 2000 SP2, I can map a
drive to the machine running samba, open a Microsoft Word or Excel document,
and read it. (Note: I am not copying the file over to my local machine--I am
leaving it on the server with samba running and opening it from there) If I
try to save the document though,it either crashes the application and
doesn't write the file, or...it writes to the files but is corrupt. I don't
want to upgrade without first knowing if the version is even the problem.
Can someone help me?

Douglas M. Long
614-860-7784