[Samba] Join the Samba-Domain with win2k pc

Gianluca Urbano gianluca.urbano at ebcom.ch
Fri Jun 28 04:52:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've got a problem. I've installed on a SuSE Linux 7.0 the Samba version
2.2.4. Now if i trie to join the domain with a win2k pc I get an error
message back saying that the username and/or password I supplied does not
match the ones Samba has got. On the win2k machine I have set the registry
entry "enableplaintextpassword" and also in the smb.conf file I have set "nt
acl support=no". If I go trough network neighbourhood I can access every
share without problems. In the smbpasswd I have also add the user root but
it still not work.
With win95 machines I do not have any problems.

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Gianluca