[Samba] How to change samba PDC

Suresh mrjackin at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 04:16:02 GMT 2002

Hello All,

I am running RH linux-6.0 as PDC using samba-2.2.4. The clients are all
windows NT workstations.

Now i want to change PDC to another linux machine running RH linux-7.2
without changing present profile. Ofcourse the samba version will be same.

I tried this earlier but a new profile being created if the PDC is changed.
For example if there is a domain user named aaa, the profile in his/her
workstation would be c:\winnt\profiles\aaa but after changing the pdc a new
profile is created by the name aaa.000.

How to tell samba to accept the original profile instead of creating a new
one. I think there could some critical files containing some identities
which uniquely identifies the  pdc.

Anyone come across this problem or have ideas to over come this. All your
help and suggestion will be greatful.

Thanks and regards
-Sam