[Samba] Re: FW: samba woes

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 18:53:37 GMT 2002

I have not been folowing this thread, but though I should mention a tool
I wrote to do this.

It is a program called smbautomount which builds an automount string.
You can specify a template for each autmount directory but it does not
solve the problem of accounts on different machines though.

If you have
/home/students
/home/staff

and all students are on studentsvr1 and all staff on staffsvr1 then it
will work.

I also have a pam module which steals the users password when they log
in.  The password can then be used by smbmount.

All this is on my web page here
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/smbfs/index.html

John.

--
Information Technology Innovation Group
Swinburne University. Melbourne, Australia