[Samba] Printer Problems (Access Denied)

Mike Kennedy mikek at syrinx.ucr.edu
Thu Jun 27 16:14:02 GMT 2002

I've seen this issue asked about and asked about in the archives,
unfortunately I can't seem to find a real solution only people's theories.
The issue involves a 2.2.5 Samba server acting as a member print server in
a Windows 2000 domain.

I can add printers from the server to clients in the domain and then
print. The issue comes when I try and view/manage the print queue from
Windows. I get error saying "Access denied, unable to connect." I've tried
adding my account as a printer admin but no luck. The funny thing is that
I can see the print queue using "net print". Any help would be nice.

My smb.conf is listed below.

Thanks,

Mike

[global]
   workgroup = MYDOMAIN
   netbios name = PRNSVR
   password level = 30
   username level = 30
   name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
   log level = 0
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = (various subnets)

   load printers = yes
   printcap name = /inst/lprng/etc/printcap
   print command = /inst/lprng/bin/lpr  -P%p -r %s
   lpq command   = /inst/lprng/bin/lpq  -P%p
   lprm command  = /inst/lprng/bin/lprm -P%p %j
   lppause command = /inst/lprng/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
   lpresume command = /inst/lprng/sbin/lpc release %p %j
   queuepause command = /inst/lprng/sbin/lpc  -P%p stop
   queueresume command = /inst/lprng/sbin/lpc -P%p start
   disable spoolss = no
   printing = lprng
   log file = /inst/samba-2.2.5/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50

   security = domain

   password server = DOMAINPDC
   encrypt passwords = Yes

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   local master = no
   os level = 1
   domain master = no
   domain logons = no

   wins server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
   dns proxy = yes
   username map = /inst/samba-2.2.5/lib/users.map

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /inst/samba-2.0.7/var/printers
   browseable = yes