[Samba] smbclient can't start a session with stupid XP

Paul Huffman huffmanp at yakama.com
Thu Jun 27 15:49:02 GMT 2002

I use samba 2.0.5 on a Solaris 7 Ultra 10 to provide UNIX disk mounts
and backups to UNIX tape drives.  But I have this new XP and I can't get
smbclient to connect to it,  although the XP is using all the samba
shares R/W.  All I get is:

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient //paulxp/"My Documents" passwd -Tc
mydocumentsxp.tar
Added interface ip=161.217.10.13 bcast=161.217.10.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to PAULXP failed
session request to *SMBSERVER failed

I tried the regeditor to change the requiressignorseal to 0 and it
worked just one time,  now it's back to saying Sesssion Failed.