[Samba] mapping shares via Network Neighborhood?

Darin DeCounter ddecounter at reviewjournal.com
Thu Jun 27 15:36:03 GMT 2002

We're running Samba 2.2.2 over an NT network.  Our clients use Win95 (for
the time being) and I wondered how we config Samba so they can map the
shares using network neighborhood.  We can map fine through MS-DOS, but
when I try to map E drive to \\nfssrv\ads share via network neighborhood
(where we ARE able to see the shares), it says

E: is already connected to .
Do you want to connect E: to \\nfssrv\ads instead?

I respond 'yes' and it just keeps giving me the same message.  What are we
doing wrong?  I was told as long as our shares are available in Network
Neighborhood, we should be able to map them through Network Neighborhood.
Thanks for any help.

Darin DeCounter

Atex Assistant System Administrator
Las Vegas Review-Journal