[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 Recycle Bin file permissions

Dan O'Connor dan at ferrarishields.com
Thu Jun 27 14:53:02 GMT 2002

Using Samba 2.2.5 on FreeBSD 4.5.

We have a file share used by several people working on common projects.
The share is set up with

        force group = cad
        create mask = 0774
        force create mode = 0774
        directory mask = 0775
        force directory mode = 0775

so that everyone can create/modify any file in the share.

The new VFS recycle bin, however, sets the file permissions on deleted
files/directories to 700. This means that only the user who
modifies/deletes a file can access it in the recycle bin. Also, the
first user to delete a file got ownership of the recycle directory,
which locks everyone else out of the whole recycle bin (I manually
chmod-ed it to 770 to allow everyone access).

We need to let everyone in the group have access to every file in the
recycle bin.

Is there a way to change the default file permissions for the recycle
bin? An option in recycle.conf would be nice...

--Dan