[Samba] winbind problem on solaris (samba head)

David Shapiro david.shapiro at btitele.com
Thu Jun 27 14:32:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I just buildt via cvs samba head.  I used just the option --with-winbind (no
pam).  The first problem is that sessionid.tdb is missing after the build.
I don't know how to make it make a new one (can I copy one from another
server or is there something in it that would make that a bad idea?).  The
other problem is that wbinfo -t says secret is good, wbinfo -g/u return the
correct information.

...but getent passwd or getent group do not return anything but what is in
/etc/passwd and /etc/group.

I did copy libnss_winbind.so to /usr/lib and link libnss_winbind.so.2 to it.
I even did another link to libnss_winbind.so.1 too.
I did add in /etc/nsswitch.conf for passwd and group to use winbind and
file.
I use crle and did a crle -u to update libraries.  crle shows
libnss_winbind.so.2.

I am using gcc 3.1 and gnu binutils 2.11.2.

Please help me fix this so that winbind works.

Thanks,

David E. Shapiro