[Samba] RE: Browsing cont'd

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Thu Jun 27 13:56:02 GMT 2002

Don't forget to add the #PRE after the host info;  that way it preloads it.

Create one lmhosts file for the Win boxes, and copy to either
\windows (win9x)
\winnt\system32\drivers\etc (NT/Win2k/XP)

then open a DOS Prompt and type nbtstat -R to flush/refresh
the cached info.

The samba box's hosts go in /etc, /lmhosts go in /etc/samba
(if you're using the current defaults.  Put the lmhosts
wherever your smb.conf is located.

The syntax is a bit different; just ip host
e.g. 192.168.1.1 samba1

no #PRE, etc.

Look at the docs that come with samba,
like brwosing.txt, browsing-config.txt, etc.
They may help you out as well.

Jim