[Samba] Help with file access using SAMBA and Borland Paradox

Gustavo Antão gustavo at epopeia.com.br
Thu Jun 27 13:16:04 GMT 2002

Hello!

1st sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian and don't speak/write english very
well.

I'm a newer samba user and I've encountered a problem with file access on my
SambaServer.
follow my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = EPOPEIA
        netbios name = CHARIZARD
        server string = Charizard - File Server
        interfaces = 10.0.0.1/24
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password level = 8
        username level = 8
        log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        logon script = %U.bat
        domain logons = yes
        os level = 200
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        dns proxy = No
        hosts allow = 127. 10.0.0.
        printing = lprng

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /home/netlogon
        public = no
        browseable = no
        share modes = no
[Epopeia]
        comment = File Server
        path = /fileserver
        guest only = Yes
        writeable = no
        browseable = yes
        write list = @samba
        create mask = 0770
        directory mask = 0770

When my users access the files via Windows Explorer, everythings works fine,
but when the Delphi system is called and two of my users access the same
file the system break.
But if the paradox files are moved to a Windows 98 machine everythings
works.
I've tested chmod -R 777 /fileserver, but the problem is the same.

Anything to make in smb configuration???

Again sorry my very bad english...

Thanks for all
Regards