[Samba] Samba 2.2.5: denying access to printer...

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Jun 27 09:06:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Ullrich Groh wrote:

> non allowed-Win9x-clients don't have access to the share (as desired),
> but all Win2000-Client can happily print on the printer (ignoring the
> restriction).
>
> Can anybody tell me what's happening there? Is this due to the fact
> that the Win2000-Clients print via the SPOOLSS?

The WinNT/2k client connects to IPC$ (not \\server\printer) which is why
you are seeing this.  The hosts allow/deny is only done at the connection
time (to IPC$).  I can see why you were surprised.

In the interim, you an add the hosts allow/deny to the [global]
section so that it covers [IPC$] implicitly and that should work.
I'll code up a correct patch and mail it out later today or tomorrow.

cheers, jerry