[Samba] Cannot access shared folders in Win98 using UNC path.

Ana Rosa anabauti at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 04:48:03 GMT 2002

Hello all!

I'm using Samba 2.2.1-a4 on Red Hat 7.1 as PDC. I have one problem:

When accesing shares on Win98 system from Network Neighborhood on a
NT wks, I get an Access Denied message when double-clicking the Win98
box.
I can map the shares using "net use" command.
Net view \\<win98>  also get an Access denied

This only happens to "normal" users. If I log on the NT wks as root
(domain admin) I can access the Win98 box from Network neighb. without
problems.

I have tried with User-level access and share-level access on the Win98
box but the result is the same.

I'm using encrypted passwords.

I need to know it an upper version would solve the problem.

Thanks!!
Ana.