[Samba] Domain Administration group.

Richard Horton richard.horton at kecrypt.com
Thu Jun 27 00:53:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.2.3a as a PDC on RH7.3 with the clients being XP Pro
laptops. If I try using the groups administration options locally to add
the domain admin group to the local machine administrator groups the
system fails saying incomplete information was returned for the domain
admin group.

My /etc/group file contains a line:-
smbadm:x:506:rhorton,ndawson

My /etc/samba/smb.conf
domain admin group = @smbadm

The two memebers of the smbadm group are both also normal samba users
and can log on so not sure what XP is moaning about...

 --
Richard Horton
KeCrypt Limited (http://www.kecrypt.com),