[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and printers

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Jun 26 15:34:02 GMT 2002

You have guest ok = yes but haven't explicitly defined who the guest user
will be. Thus, if someone logs on to the printer, and doesn't supply a
user/password, what user is really trying to print? The access denied may be
due to something besides the permissions on the spool directory? I use
guest account = ftp

Also, I used to get a somewhat similar error  with XP, although printing
would still work, and this error was fixed with:
use client driver = yes

Joel