[Samba] Re: FW: samba woes

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:54:45 GMT 2002

"Johnston, Christopher (DCSA)" wrote:

> what is that exactly?  I am looking for a method to automount NT
> shares from windows to linux.. so my users can access their home
> directories..

The common way to do that *kind* of thing would be by using SMBFS.
My *guess* (because I really have not spent enough time working with
SMBFS) is that the problem you're seeing is that you want a user-context
mount (that is, only the user who mounted the share
should be able to see the share), but you can't get that with SMBFS.

That's a guess...

I don't know if Steve's CIFS VFS bypasses that.  He just made it
available last week, I think...

The thread starts here:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-June/037532.html

Chris -)-----