[Samba] RE: FW: samba woes

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jun 26 11:19:40 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 02:06:39PM -0400, Johnston, Christopher (DCSA) wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Thanks.. is there a fix for this sometime in the future? or is this something that has to do with GLIBC not allowing these symbols or functions to be used anymore?

It is a GLIBC issue as far as I'm aware. They just removed
the ability to redefine these symbols, something smbsh
depends on.

Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid, it was a decision
by the GLIBC maintainers (and I'm not aware of the technical
reasons for it, or if they provided a work-around in any
way).

Jeremy.