[Samba] map to two different win2k shares with two different accounts?

Jamie Pratt jamie at nucdc.org
Wed Jun 26 10:39:37 GMT 2002

I try and map to two separate shares as two separate users (default RH 7.3 installed rpms) from a win2k client (plaintext passwords, not a pdc or anything just a workgroup server) - First one maps fine, second gets:

[Windows error dialog]: The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password.
To connect using a different user name and password, first disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.

Then when I click OK, I get:

[Windows error dialog]: The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred:
The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials.

Am I mising something?  Can't I map to two different shares on the same server with two unix id's?  (So far, I can only connect to one at a time which really gets old fast!)

thanks,
jamie