[Samba] Doing Nt Authorization

DeMarco, Alex DEMARCAO at sysadm.suny.edu
Wed Jun 26 10:33:02 GMT 2002

I've been reading the SAMBA doc and I beleive it will do what I want but I
cannot seem to get the configuration right.

I'd like to have NT Workstation user mount a Unix share and not have it
prompt them for a password.  Do the passwords on both the nt and unix box
have to be the same?  Can't samba check against the domain?

Here are the settings I am using (note using DIGITAL Unix)

workgroup = "SYSADMIN"
netbios name = SCENADV
server string = SCENADV Samba Server
security  = domain
password server = *

We have added a domain record for SCENADV(the unix box)

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

- Alex