[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and printers

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed Jun 26 09:38:03 GMT 2002

It looks like you have a conflict
between lprng rights and samba rights.

LPRng is 0700 for the dir, and 0600 for
the files within.  Samba is 0777 for
the dir and files.

1.  create /var/spool/lpd/epson660

2.  edit  /etc/printcap or /usr/local/etc/printcap
:sd= entry for the epson660 to reflect the change

3.  delete the /var/spool/lpd/samba dir & files

4.  run lpc reread

5.  run checkpc -f -V to fix the dir/perm's

6.  create /var/spool/samba/epson660

7.  edit the smb.conf [epson660
] path= to reflect
the change

8.  chown -R root.wheel (OpenBSD) or root.root (Linux?)
/var/spool/samba

9.  chmod -R 1777 /var/spool/samba

10.  run testparm to see if samba is ok.

11.  run lpc reread and restart samba

12.  try a test page to see if it works again

Let us know...

Jim

P.S.  from the looks of it, you can move
the (lprng) command stuff to [Global] and
delete the [Printers] section entirely.

ducomun at netcourrier.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 8:10 AM
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and printers
>

> I'm currently having a problem with the new released Samba
> 2.2.5: I cannot print anymore on my shared printer. What is
> strange is that It worked fine with samba 2.2.4, but now I
> got an access denied whenever I try to access the printer...
>
> /var/spool/lpd/samba is chmod 777 and the username is in the group lp
>
> Here is part of my smb.co
nf:

 printer admin = @lp
>         read only = Yes
>         create mask = 0755
>         guest ok = Yes
>         printable = Yes
>         print ok = yes
>         print command = /usr/bin/lpr  -P%p -r %s
>         lpq
> command = /usr/bin/lpq  -P%p
>         lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
>         lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
>         lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release %p %j
>         queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc  -P%p stop
>         queueresume command = /usr/
sbin/lpc -P%p start
>         browseable = No
> [epson660]
>         comment = Epson Stylus color 660
>         path = /var/spool/lpd/samba
>         printer admin = @lp
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0755
>         guest ok = Y
> es
>         printable = Yes
>         print ok = yes
>         use client driver = yes
>         printer name = epson660

> NetCourrier, votre bureau virtuel sur Internet : Mai
l,