[Samba] ntconfig.pol (was w2k sp2 + ntconfig.pol)

Con Harte sysadmin at gfm.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 08:25:02 GMT 2002

Hi.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but
have you modified the setting in the policy for the
"Automatic update", etc.?

It may be called something slightly different in Win2k
poledit, I have to cater mostly for NT4 so I try to keep
to the lowest common denominator...

If you have unchecked the AutoUpdate path then you will
have to check it, and once each PC has downloaded this policy,
you can revert that option in the policy to be ignored (i.e.
you can leave the checkbox greyed out).

Hope that helps.
Con.