[Samba] Win2K Profiles and a Samba PDC.

Don Werve donw at examen.com
Wed Jun 26 08:17:04 GMT 2002

We're a Solaris/Linux shop, trying to migrate the last vestiges of our
NT domain over to Samba.  We've got a few users using Windows 20000
workstations, and for some odd reason can't get them to join the domain
with local profiles.  The Winboxen always try to create roaming profiles
on the PDC (which we don't want), and there's no way to force a local
profile, other than letting the Windows box create a profile directory
when the user logs in, then setting their profile to 'local'.

So, in short, we want to force the Win2K clients to use local profiles only.

Any ideas?

--
Don Werve <donw at examen.com> (Unix System Administrator)