[Samba] w2k sp2 + ntconfig.pol

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at dff.st
Wed Jun 26 00:18:02 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 26 June 2002 08:55, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using win2k + sp2 and the policies are still being applied. The
> Ntconfig.POL file is in the netlogon directory with root.root -rwxr-xr-x
> (755).
>
> I hope this helps

What exact version of samba are you running?

Did you join the domain *before* or *after* you installed sp2?

Could you send me the netlogon configuration snippet from you smb.conf,
please? This is our:

[netlogon]
   comment = "Netlogon"
   path = /PDC/netlogon
;  write list = @ntadmin
   browseable = yes
   locking = no
   writable = yes
   public = no
   case sensitive = no
   case preserve = yes
   short preserve case = no
   default case = yes

This is our policy file:
-rwxr--r--    1 mmelas   dff         16384 Jun 25 12:47 ntconfig.pol
Owned by a user, different name, different rights - but it works with w2k sp1
:-/

Could you check if you have the following registry key on your workstations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DisableNT4Policy

I'll try your setup in the meantime...
Thanks a lot!! I gonna try your setup in a second ;-)

cheers
--
Torsten