[Samba] Smbmount question

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Tue Jun 25 19:38:03 GMT 2002

> Does this reply say that you are now mounting the share with the correct
> owner and user? Are you having password/user problems?

Yes, it mounted with the correct owner and user.

> BTW, the guest user is set based on the samba configuration. Here is
> how I do it:
>
> [global]
> security = SHARE
> log level = 3
> guest account = ftp

Ahhhhhh, this may be my problem.  I was confused and was thinking that the
use of the 'guest' directive on the smbmount command line was specifying the
guest account on the win2k box, not on my Linux/samba server!!! My guest
account directive in smb.conf is still commented out which I think means it
is using the user 'nobody'.  I'll check that.  It appears to sort of work.
Here is what the smbmount command gives me:

> [AllFiles]
> comment = All Files
> path = /
> read only = Yes
> guest ok = Yes
>
> Joel
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:17:35PM -0400, James W. Beauchamp wrote:
> > Joel:
> > Don't know.  I haven't tried it with anything else (windows that is).  I
> > think I was just able to make it work by using the 'guest' attribute.
It

<samba at lists.samba.org>