[Samba] Samba server authenticating to NDS with win 2000 clients?

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Tue Jun 25 15:13:02 GMT 2002

Is this possible?  I searched the archives and did some digging and it
seemed like the closest I was going to get was to use pam modules.  But,
from what I read, that won't work with 2000 or XP because of password
encryption.

I'd like for my users to be able to map drives to my linux box running
samba using their NDS username/passwords, yet I don't want to re-create
all of those usernames/passwords in my smbpasswd file.

Thanks,

Shane