[Samba] installed stopped and can't seem to get it restarted

Andrew Robertson arobertson at arcstream.com
Tue Jun 25 13:07:48 GMT 2002

Hi,
I am installing Samba on a new Solaris machine.  I download and unzipped the
files.  I then went to the source subdir and ran configure, which went OK.
then ran 'make'.  this died and gave me an error that 'gcc does not support
the -KPIC flag' or something similiar.  I am using gcc since no native
compilier was installed.  Now, I can run 'configure' again but 'make' no
longer runs.  I am new to this so any help you could provide would be
greatly appreciated.  Please email any thoughts.  Thanks,
        --Andrew--