[Samba] Password synchronisation between W2K-Pro and Samba PDC

Marcel Hug mase13 at bluewin.ch
Tue Jun 25 12:15:02 GMT 2002

Hello List !!!
I'm trying to synchronate the password between W2K-Pro, Samba
and Linux. I'm using the Samba 2.2.4 as an PDC with the
following Global parameters:

[global]
        workgroup = LAN
        netbios name = testPC
        interfaces = 192.168.0.97/24
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = no
        map to guest = Bad User
        keepalive = 30
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        show add printer wizard = No
        character set = ISO8859-15
        domain admin group = @root
;       logon drive = K:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        local master = Yes
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon path = \\testPC\profiles\%U
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g maschines -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %m$

But every time when I try to change the password from the
W2K-Pro, I get a error message like this:
"Your username or password is false, ....check if the CAPSLOCK
...."

The amazing thing is, that the Linux password (/etc/passwd) has
changed but the Samba password (/etc/smbpasswd) stayed the old
one.

Who can help me.
Sorry about my english. I'm just studing it.

Thanks and take care
Marcel Hug