[Samba] SMBFS Problems: smb_proc_readdir_long: name=, result= -2, rcls=1, err=123

Gene Yee gyee at sgi.com
Tue Jun 25 10:35:02 GMT 2002

On additional note, I was able to use filler directories to circumvent the
problem.  This works for me since it is archives, but wouldn't for most.
Here is an example:

No filler files:
ls -l - Returns no files

Filler file at top of the directory structure (00_SAMBA)
ls -l - Returns directories 0-D and N-Z

Filler files the top of directory structure and where D's stoped (00_SAMBA
and DRB_SAMBA)
ls -l - Returns all directories.  Verified by comparing properites of
directory under windows and doing a 'ls -d * | wc -l' under the SMB Mount.

Thanks!!