[Samba] Newbie question

DeMarco, Alex DEMARCAO at sysadm.suny.edu
Tue Jun 25 05:17:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've been looking over the doc, and have Samba installed and running.

We are trying to do the following:

We have a number of nt clients(nt 4 & w2k workstations) that we want to
provide storage space too on our Unix box.

What we would like is for them to all map one share, then based on
secuirty(unix?) only allow them to certain subdirectories within that share.
Example:

\
\Accounting
\Finance
\Programming

Someone could have access to accounting but not finance, or they could have
access to finance and programming but not accounting.

If someone could tell me wether this is possible or not I would appeciate
it.  If you could point to a place in the doc to set this up would also be
very helpful..

thanks!

- Alex