[Samba] Profile Problem

Con Harte sysadmin at gfm.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 01:26:02 GMT 2002

Hi.

In the source distribution there is a file called ./docs/README.Win2kSP2
which details the problem.

It says that when using roaming profiles served from a non PDC you should
disable NT ACL support on that share. ie.

     nt acl support = no

in the smb.conf file.

However, it does say that this is for a non-PDC server, and it was written
by Gerald Carter so it ought to be right.

I'm serving Win2kSP2 profiles from a PDC with the default setup, and it
doesn't seem to be suffering from this problem.

Try the stuff in the README.Win2kSP2 file anyway, and see what happens.

Con.