[Samba] Problem uploading printer drivers

Roy Otto Kleiv roy.otto.kleiv at nc-spectrum.no
Tue Jun 25 00:50:06 GMT 2002

Hi

I hope somebody can help me with my driver uploading problem. I have done everything according to the printing docs (I think =) ), but I can't seem to be able to upload the driver via neither XP or W2k. The error I get when using XP is: "An error occured while copying file ......... Cannot copy file to destination directory. Click Retry to retry the operation or click Cancel to cancel" I've created both the WIN40 and the W32X86 folders under /usr/local/samba/print, in addition I've tried all kinds of permissions on them.

Here's what I do:

1. Go to the printer share on the Samba box via XP
2. Rightclick --> properties and then answer no
3. Go to advanced tab and press New Driver
4. Select the drivers to upload, it then starts copying the drivers locally before trying to upload them. This is when I get the error.

I use RH 7.1 and Samba 2.2.5.

My smb.config file:

[global]
 workgroup = SMARTI
 netbios name = Skule Server
 server string = NCS's Samba Server
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 log file = /var/log/samba/samba-log.%m
 log level = 10
 max log size = 50
 name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
 socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
 logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
 logon home = \\%L\%U\.profiles
 logon script =  logon.bat
 time server = Yes
 domain logons = Yes
 os level = 34
 preferred master = True
 domain master = True
 wins support = Yes
 lock dir = /var/lock/samba
 guest account = ftp
 guest ok = Yes
 show add printer wizard = Yes
 printer admin = root,ntadmin,admin,royotto

[print$]
 comment = Printer Drivers
 path = /usr/local/samba/print
 write list = root,ntadmin,admin,royotto