[Samba] Weird problem - one machine works another doesn't on new server - both OK on old one.

Victoria Welch vikki at oz.net
Mon Jun 24 13:12:13 GMT 2002

Hello Greg,

Thanks very much for the response!

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 12:22, WEBSTER, Greg wrote:

> Are you using encrypted passwords? Are both boxes configured to send them?

Yes Sir, the old server is also using encrytped passwords and there are
no problems with that.  The old server has been running for over 4 years
now without problems with SAMBA.

I also tried changing the smb.conf to specify unencryped passwords just
to see what happened, but the result of that was that both w98 boxes
could not get past the password prompt (all passwords tried were valid
:-).

Thanks & take care, Vikki.