[Samba] Please help

Keith Maxon Keith.Maxon at pulte.com
Mon Jun 24 10:01:03 GMT 2002

I have been running Samba for over a year and a half and have had an
issue that I have worked around, but have never found a resolution for.
Im not even sure Samba is capable of this, but I have bought books and
checked mail lists looking for it. I have two Windows XP clients and a
Samba (Linux) file server. I have the clients authenticating to the
Samba server. I cannot browse in Network Neighborhood. I assumed that
this is because I am not able to join my clients to the Samba server
domain; I have them set up as a workgroup. Is there any trick to getting
XP clients to connect to a Samba domain? Is this even possible? Thanks.

"Mystical explanations are considered deep. The truth is that they are
not even superficial."